COBRA Continuation Coverage

COBRA is continuation of group medical, dental and vision insurance coverage.  If you lose eligibility for university insurance coverage, the university will offer you and your covered dependents the option to continue medical, dental, and/or vision insurance.  It is only possible to continue the coverage that you or your dependents have at the time you or your dependents lose eligibility.  In some cases, you may also continue your flexible spending account.  Please contact OSU Employee Services for questions regarding continuation of your WageWorks Flex Account.

If you, or your qualified dependent, lose eligibility for university insurance coverage, Employee Services will send you a COBRA packet and application for continuation of coverage within 14 days of receiving notice of your separation from the University.  The notice is sent to your mailing address.  Please review your address information in the Web for Employees to ensure it is up-to-date.

To elect COBRA coverage:

  • Review the information mailed to you and complete the application(s) included in your COBRA packet.
  • Mail the OSU health care application, directly to 106J Whitehurst, Stillwater, OK  74078, no later than 60 days after the date you lose coverage. 
  • Mail the EGID dental and/or vision application directly to the Employees Group Insurance Division, no later than 60 days after the date you lose coverage. The application includes the mailing address.

Important Links