Benefits of OSU Employment
In addition to health and retirement benefits, OSU offers eligible employees voluntary benefits, wellness benefits, leave options, an extensive employee assistance program, and so much more.
- Health Coverage
OSU offers a comprehensive health plan with BlueCross and BlueShield (BCBS) to eligible employees and their families.
Virtual medical provider through MDLive available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
BCBS points for products in WellOnTarget
- Retirement Benefits
OSU offers employees a valuable opportunity to build future financial security—a retirement benefit designed to meet the diverse and changing needs of our faculty and staff.
- Life Insurance
Basic employee life insurance coverage provided by OSU/A&M of two-times annualized salary up to $100,000, with accidental death and dismemberment coverage.
- Voluntary Coverage
OSU's voluntary insurance plans include extending coverage options with dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance for not only you, but also your eligible dependents.
- Employee Health Clinic
OSU offers an onsite clinic for employees and their covered dependents, 6 and older. This clinic covers Urgent Care type services. The Employee Health Clinic is not only convenient, but offers reduced copays and office visit fees.
- Employee Assistance Program
The OSU EAP offers confidential support, resources and information for personal and work-life issues. If you are looking for referrals and customized resources for child and elder care, moving, pet care, college planning, home repair, buying a car, planning an event, selling a house and more, the OSU EAP has you covered.
OSU employees and their dependents receive six free visits with a counselor, legal support with a free 60-minute consultation with a licensed attorney about legal matters and discounts on wills and other services. The EAP can also assist with financial information such as budgeting, debt management, tax issues and other money concerns from CPAs, Certified Financial Planners and other financial experts.
- Leave Benefits
In addition to 13 paid holidays, eligible employees also have access to paid sick, annual leave, and paid parental leave.
- Professional Development
OSU's Talent Development & Recruitment department provides opportunities for you to grow both professionally and personally through a variety of instructor-led and online learning opportunities through LinkedIn Learning.
- College Savings Plan Participation
The Oklahoma College Savings Plan provides a way to save for your children’s future with a choice of investment options, tax advantages, and the flexibility of using the savings at any qualified higher education institution both in the United States and in certain situations abroad.
- Employee Tuition and Fee Waiver
Full-time faculty and staff who enroll in standard OSU credit courses may receive a waiver of half the tuition on courses and a waiver of specified fees. View the request form for more information.
- Dependent Fee Waiver
Dependent children of OSU employees are eligible to receive a 100% undergraduate student resident tuition waiver for OSU-Stillwater and OSU-Tulsa courses.
- Wellness Benefits
An on-site, all-access pass to world-class facilities, services and programs. Memberships are also available for family members!
- Affiliate Discounts
OSU employees can enjoy discounts at local and national retailers including mobile carriers, local internet service providers, and other local business and restaurants. When setting up accounts or making your purchases, simply inquire if a discount is offered for OSU employees.
- Campus Departments
- Diversity Highlights
- Campus beautification efforts
- Lake Carl Blackwell
- OSU Calendar
- Human Resources support-attract, develop and retain talent
- Equal Opportunity Office support
- Ombudsperson to promote a supportive learning and working environment at OSU
- OSU offers a variety of mental health services on campus:
- Online behavioral health therapy to manage your emotional well-being through TAO Self-Help.
- Faculty and Staff Diversity Resources
- Pete’s Pet Posse, OSU’s Pet Therapy Program
- Faculty and Staff Organizations:
- Faculty Council
- Staff Advisory Council
- University Club
- OSU Alumni Association’s Faculty & Staff Chapter
- Asian American Faculty & Staff Association
- Black Faculty & Staff Association
- Employee Queers & Allies League
- Hispanic/Latino Faculty & Staff Association
- Native American Faculty & Staff Association
- Women’s Faculty Council
- Emeriti Club
- Stillwater - A Great Place to Live!
- Visit Stillwater
- Best College Towns to Start a Career In
- Southern Living, The South’s Friendliest Cities 2018
- 10 Happiest Small Cities in America
- Best Places to Live in Oklahoma
- Stillwater Regional Airport
- Traveling in Stillwater is mainly city traffic with two highways (State Highway 51 and U.S. Route 177). Quick and easy access to Interstate 35 and U.S. Route 412.
- City recreational attractions:
- Parks and splash pads
- Stillwaggin Dog Park
- Farmer’s Market
- Disc Golf courses
- Lakes (Boomer, McMurtry, Sanborn, Whittenburg)
- Craft Brewery, Iron Monk Brewing Company
- Great educational system
- Strong housing market with lots of resources
- Public transportation on and off campus
- Public safety/strong law enforcement presence
- One day, in-state scenic road trips to the wilderness, or to a lake or to the hustle and bustle of a big city with plenty of attractions in Tulsa and Oklahoma City
- Stillwater Country Club
- Karsten Creek Golf Club
- Payne County Expo Center
- Volunteer Opportunities