Skip to main content

Human Resources

Open Main MenuClose Main Menu

Name and Address Changes

It is important that OSU and benefit vendors have your current name and address to avoid lost communications. Below are the procedures to change a name and/or address on your HR personnel records and benefit plans. 

HR Records

To change your address:
To change your name:
  • send a copy of your new social security card (with your new name) and a picture ID in campus mail labeled "Confidential" to University Human Resources, 601 N Willis, PB #8075, or
  • send an encrypted email to,  including a copy of your new social security card and a picture ID.

Your name change will be processed within 48 hours and you will have the ability to change the name associated with Information Technology (IT) Services (O-key, etc.).


Name/Address Change Important Information 

How to Encrypt an Email

Contact  for questions regarding name/address changes for benefit vendors.

IT Services & Employee ID Card

After completing the HR name change process, check the O-Key Account Management system to update the name associated with your IT services. You may also request a new employee ID card at 421 Classroom Building. You will need to verify your identity with a photo ID.


Call 405.744.8434 if you have questions.

Benefit Plans

To change your address and/or name for healthcare, dental, vision insurance, Chard Snyder, Benefit Wallet, Lincoln Financial, and MASA benefit vendors, complete an OSU Personal Information Form. and return the form by mail to OSU Benefits, 601 N Willis, PB #8075, for processing.


American Fidelity Plans

You may change your name and/or address by contacting AFA at 800.933.1853 x8814.


Oklahoma Teachers' Retirement (OTRS)

You may change your name and/or address by contacting OTRS at 877.738.6365 or by completing a OTRS Personal Data Form and sending it directly:


PO Box 53524

Oklahoma City, OK 73152


TIAA Retirement

You may change your address with TIAA by logging into your online TIAA account at Once logged into your account select ACTIONS and from there you can review and update your personal information. If you need assistance with changing your address please contact TIAA at 800.842.2252.


To change your name with TIAA they require your social security number, your previous name, and your new name. They also require a certified copy of any court order or other document authorizing the name change. To change your name with TIAA call 800.842.2252.


Oklahoma Law Enforcement Retirement (OLERS)

You may change your name and/or address by calling 877.213.0856.

Back To Top