Leadership Development Program
Effective and skillful leadership is needed for organizational success. Leadership is not something you are born with, it is something developed over time through knowledge and life experiences. This learning track is designed to provide participants with opportunities to learn foundational principles and best practices needed for leadership development and success at OSU.
Track Completion Information
- We highly encourage you to work with your supervisor to select a professional development program and the individual courses to take to complete the program.
- Although you can work on this track at your own pace, we require completion within 3 years.
- Courses listed in multiple tracks can only be counted towards the completion of one learning track. You cannot use the same course to meet the course requirements of multiple learning tracks.
- You may participate in only one training program at a time.
- Two core courses and 20 elective courses are needed to complete this learning track. Both online and classroom courses can be used.
- We recommend that test scores be printed and kept on file in case they are needed. The Learning Management System must show the class as completed in order for credit to be given.
- Up to 5, approved, online courses can be counted towards your electives.
- Classroom courses can be selected from any Training Services department sponsored sessions or events that fall into the learning scope of the track selected. If in doubt, contact Training Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A course can only be counted one time. All courses used to obtain a certificate of completion cannot be used to complete any other track.
- Session attendance records will be used for verification purposes. Be sure to sign-in for any session attended.
- Once you have completed the specific number of courses, return the track Completion Form to Training Services, 106 Whitehurst or by e-mailing the completed from to email@example.com.
- An official Certificate of Achievement will be sent through campus mail. Your supervisor will be notified that you have completed the program.