Free Webinar! Managing Your Emotions in the Workplace
Everyone experiences emotions at work. We get frustrated with bosses giving more work when they don't understand how much work we already have. We get upset with coworkers who don't do their jobs, so we can't do ours. We get angry with irate customers who don't realize we are only trying to help. We worry about an uncertain future. But with all these emotions, most people don't think they have anything to do with how they are feeling. They believe their emotions are a result of an external cause. That just isn't always true.
Anyone wishing to learn how to better manage emotions.
At the end of this 45-60 minute workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify the nature of emotion
- Describe the function of emotion
- Describe how emotions originate from thoughts
- Identify the ways emotions can sabotage work and relationships
- Identify ways to taking responsibility for emotions
- Describe ways to monitor and dispute distorted thinking
- Describe ways of calming down
- Use future orientation to avoid impulsive acts
- Describe how to depersonalize criticism
Brought to you by Guidance Resources, OSU's Employee Assistance Program. Your GuidanceResources® benefits will give you and any member of the household confidential support, resources and information for personal and work-life issues. These services are provided at no charge to benefits eligible employees and their household. GuidanceResources® is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
There are three ways to access your GuidanceResources® benefits:
- Call 855.850.2397. You’ll speak to a counseling professional who will listen to your concerns and can guide you to the appropriate services you require.
- Visit GuidanceResources Online at www.guidanceresources.com, click the link for I am a first time user, enter OKSTATEEAP as your Web ID, then create your user ID and password
- Download the GuidanceResources® Now app for your mobile device.
If you have any questions regarding this benefit, please contact Employee Benefits at (405) 744-5449.