Choosing a Retirement Plan
OSU offers eligible employees a valuable opportunity to build future financial security—a retirement benefit designed to meet the diverse and changing needs of our faculty and staff. Under the OSU Retirement Program, you can choose between two plan options: The Oklahoma Teachers’ Retirement System (OTRS) or the OSU Alternate Retirement Plan (ARP).
The OSU Retirement Program Handout describes and compares your two retirement plan options; it presents some factors you might consider as you make your election; and it outlines the process through which you elect a plan.
As you review this information, it is important to understand you are making an irrevocable retirement plan election—meaning you will not have the opportunity to switch plans in the future.
Please take some time to read through the retirement handout. You have 30 days from your hire date to submit your Election Agreement for OSU Retirement. If you have questions, call OSU Benefits at (405) 744-5449. Also, be sure to attend your Benefits Enrollment Session, which will explain the many aspects of OSU’s retirement program and provides you an opportunity to ask questions in a face-to-face forum. Information is also available on the Human Resources website.
Compare Your Plan Options
Each plan has its own features and benefits that may provide the right “fit” with your situation—your age, your career path, your financial goals, your tolerance for risk. These plan features are described and compared in the OSU Retirement Program Handout.
- Choosing A Retirement Plan
- OSU Retirement Program Handout (pdf)
- Retirement Information (Hired prior to 07-01-2004)
- Oklahoma Teachers' Retirement System (OTRS)
- TIAA OSU Microsite (please access if you are electing ARP)
- OSU/A&M Retirement Program Guide (pdf)
- OSU/A&M Retirement Program Guide (Issu publication format)
- Oklahoma Law Enforcement Retirement System (retirement plan for Police Officers)