OSU provides basic life and accidental death and dismemberment coverage to continuous, regular employees who work at least 30 hours a week (.75 FTE.) Plus, OSU offers you the opportunity to purchase additional insurance for yourself and your family. Effective January 1, 2017, Liberty Mutual provides the life insurance coverage.
Coverage Provided by OSU
Employees have basic life coverage provided by OSU/A&M of two-times annualized salary up to $200,000, with accidental death and dismemberment coverage.
Voluntary Supplemental Coverage Opportunities
Employees may purchase additional coverage on themselves, spouse, and children. Please refer to the OSU Life Insurance information page for detailed information and premiums.
No proof of good health is required if enrolled within 30 days of hire.
- Employee Supplemental Guaranteed Issue - 2 x salary in $10,000 increments not to exceed $300,000.
- Employee Supplemental with Evidence of Insurabaility - 5 x salary in $10,000 increments not to exceed $750,000.
- Spouse Supplemental Guaranteed Issue - 1 x employee salary in $10,000 increments not to exceed $130,000.
- Spouse Supplemental with Evidence of Insurability - 100% of employee not to exceed $380,000.
- Cost is based on age of employee and spouse.
- Children coverage is available in $2,500 increments up to $10,000 and rate is based on coverage unit, rather than age.
- Annual enrollment periods will require proof of good health if coverage is increased more than $40,000 for employee; or $10,000 for spouse; or coverage exceeds the aboce guaranteed issue limits.
- Portability is available to continue supplemental employee coverage upon separation and uses the same age-based cost available to active employees.
Even higher coverage limits are available at any time during the year by completing evidence of insurability with Liberty Mutual at https://www.mylibertyconnection.com/public/index.html, Company Code: OSUAMBENEFITS.
- You will receive notification from Liberty Mutual regarding the status of your request.