Training Services Information
HIPAA Privacy Information
HIPAA and OSU
HIPAA is the Health Insurance and Portability & Accountability Act. The idea of HIPAA regulations is multi-fold: ensure the portability of insurance coverage from one job to the next, set standards when exchanging data electronically and to safeguard and protect healthcare information for individuals being served. HIPAA requires healthcare organizations and businesses that deal with individual health information to take steps to simplify and standardize data exchange and to protect the confidentiality and security of all health data managed by the organization.
You are required to complete annual HIPAA training if you have responsibilities dealing with OSU/A&M Group Health Plans.
HIPAA Required Training
Your training module is located in the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Log in to talent.okstate.edu using your O-key credentials.
- Click in the Search bar located in the top right corner of the page.
- Enter your search criteria which can be any part of the title of the module: HIPAA for Non-Medical Employers.
- Request the course.
- Go back to your Transcript and Launch the course.
- Your progress will be tracked and recorded in the LMS.
If the training does not launch, you will need to work with your internal IT department to turn off pop-up blockers. Once pop-up blockers are turned off for this site, go back to your transcript and Launch the course again.
If you have any questions concerning the LMS, please contact Training Services at 405-744-5374.